Gastroenterology tests help diagnose gastrointestinal disorders and prevent dangerous diseases—gastroesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, stomach ulcers, cancer, etc.
We recommend undergoing gastroenterology tests if:
- you have gastrointestinal disorders;
- someone in your family has had gastrointestinal disorders;
- you take medication which negatively affects the function of the digestive tract;
- you drink alcohol or smoke a lot;
- you are under constant stress;
- your diet is irregular and poor;
- you have heartburn or your stomach acidity has increased;
- you keep experiencing bloating and constipation;
- you have diarrhoea;
- you have noticed blood in your stool.
You do not have to schedule an appointment in advance, you can simply check in at reception and request to be tested.
Gastroenterology test prices
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Analyse of excrement for Clostridium difficile toxin
Bile acids in the serum
Faeces culture, antibiogram, identification
Helicobacter pylori IgA assay
Helicobacter pylori IgG assay
Helicobacter pylori in faeces (quality)
Lactoferrin (in stool)
Screening test for occult bleeding determination IFOBT (in faecec)
Tumor marker (CA 72-4), (CA of stomach)
Tests are usually prescribed by a family practitioner, internist, or gastroenterologist but if you feel you need a test, you can schedule it yourself without a referral.
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
Why it is worth
To be examined at our Centre?
- We perform high quality tests which has been confirmed by the ISO 15189 certification of our laboratory.
- The results of the tests performed in our laboratory are explained by our staff, a service that is provided by only a few laboratories in the country.
- We can do additional digestive system tests, if needed, from the same blood sample taken up to 7 days previously. This is especially relevant for children or patients living in other towns!
- There is no risk of damage or mix-up of test samples during transportation, which statistically is one of the leading causes for ruined blood samples in labs.
Good to know
What are the typical symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders?
- stomach ache
- sickness, vomiting
- increased stomach acidity
- blood in stool
- false urge to defecate
- feeling of incomplete defecation
If you have any or some of these symptoms for more than a few weeks with no obvious reason, we recommend making an appointment and having the tests.
How will I get my test results?
- The report with the test results is usually prepared in 1 day.
It can be picked up at the reception or we can send it via email at your request.
- Unsure how to interpret the results? Call the lab, phone: (8 5) 247 64 17.