A brow lift is often relevant to emotional, expressive people, whose emotions and experience tend to show on their face, and to those whose eyebrows and forehead are naturally low.
Patients over 50 years old tend to choose this surgery more than other age groups, because less invasive correction methods at this age do not produce the desired effect; younger patients nowadays are offered a wide range of alternatives to preserve their youth.
A brow lift is a solution for those who want to feel rejuvenated, to restore a smoother forehead, to lift the eyebrows (as a result, the upper eyelids get lifted a little bit, too), to reclaim a more youthful look, and to smooth out wrinkles between the eyebrows.
At our Centre, we can perform several plastic-aesthetic surgeries at the same time (e.g. a brow lift together with a facelift or upper and lower lid blepharoplasty) to achieve the maximum effect and save the patient from additional anaesthesia.
Brow lift price includes a consultation with a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, lab tests needed prior to the surgery, and the surgery itself.
The patient starts seeing the results in 3-4 weeks, the final result is achieved in 4 months.
The effect lasts 5-10 years
The surgery takes 0.5-1 hour
The patient spends up to 24 hours at the Centre in total.
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
What should you know about the surgery?
Prior to the surgery, tell your doctor if:
- you are allergic;
- you take anticoagulants or have coagulation disorders (thrombosis included);
- you have diabetes and take medication;
- you have been diagnosed with cancer;
- you have had corticosteroid injections in the last 6 weeks;
- you have a heart pacemaker implanted;
- you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant;
- you have immunosuppression;
- you feel unwell on the day of the surgery;
- you have been ill prior to the procedure (a fever, flu, cold);
- you smoke (abstaining is recommended for at least 4 weeks prior to surgery).
- a complete blood count;
- blood coagulation test (APTT);
- electrocardiogram (EKG) and its evaluation;
- blood glucose level test;
- other tests if you have chronic diseases, as prescribed by your doctor.
The patient can bring their test records from other healthcare institutions, or they may have them done at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in 2 hours. Prices of the tests performed at the Centre. The tests must be performed no earlier than 14 days before the surgery.
The surgery is performed under local or general anaesthesia, depending on the individual case and the level of the surgery, as discussed prior to the procedure. During the brow lift, a long incision is made in front of or behind the hairline. Once it is healed, the incision becomes almost invisible as the scar is covered by the hair. The goal of the surgery is to remove and correct some of the muscles that make wrinkles form, to remove excess skin, lift the eyebrows, and lift the skin and attach it to the bone.
After the surgery, the surgeon stitches up the incisions with dissolvable thread.
Usually the patient can go home 3-4 hours after the surgery. Having someone to look after the patient for at least 24 hours after the surgery is recommended.
All plastic-aesthetic surgeries cause a slight or more noticeable pain, which can be relieved with prescribed painkillers. A week after the surgery, the sutures are removed.
Often after the surgery the patient will notice swelling, bruising, there may be some haematomas around the eyes, and the areas where the incision was made may feel numb or itchy for some time. The appearance will return to normal in about 2 weeks, and total recovery should be expected in a month.
We recommend going back to work which is not physically demanding in 2 weeks, the patient may start exercising in 3-4 weeks.
The effect lasts 5-10 years, sometimes longer, it depends on the lifestyle of the patient, skin care, ageing and heredity.
After the surgery we recommend:
- avoiding housework, do not lift heavy objects;
- limiting exercise and abstaining from the sauna and pool for about a month;
- abstaining from alcohol and make-up use until the sutures are removed.
Your surgeon will schedule your next appointment after the surgery.
If you come from abroad, you will discuss all the details (when you can take a flight and what post-operative care is needed) together with your doctor after the surgery.
We do not issue sick leave certificates after aesthetic surgeries, therefore, if you are not going back to work immediately after the surgery, you should plan to schedule your post-operative period as a holiday.
To choose us
- Consultation and exams done in 1 day.
- The surgery can be performed the same or the next week after the consultation.
- The rate of hospital-acquired infections is 0 in 5 years.
- The surgery is performed by some of the most experienced doctors in Lithuania.