Otoplasty is the only solution for the correction of protruding ears, as caused by the auricle being too big, the scapha being deep, the helical rim slightly sticking out or other factors. Children over 6 years old can undergo otoplasty because the size of the ear will usually have stopped changing at that age.
Otoplasty is recommended if:
- the distance between the upper corner of the ear and the head is 15-20 mm.
An individual otoplasty method is selected for each patient at our Centre, which allows for the best customer satisfaction.
During otoplasty, the ear is shaped to look natural and positioned at a normal angle, which will make the patient forget about the discomfort protruding ears used to cause.
This surgery does not affect the hearing in any way.
Otoplasty price includes a consultation with a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, lab tests needed prior to the surgery, and the surgery itself.
The effect is immediately noticeable, the final result is achieved in a few days
Scars are virtually invisible
The surgery takes 1 hour
The patient spends 24 hours at the Centre in total
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
What should you know about the surgery
Prior to the surgery, tell your doctor if:
- you are allergic;
- you take anticoagulants or have coagulation disorders (thrombosis included);
- you have diabetes and take medication;
- you have been diagnosed with cancer;
- you have had corticosteroid injections in the last 6 weeks;
- you have a heart pacemaker implanted;
- you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant;
- you have immunosuppression;
- you feel unwell on the day of the surgery;
- you have been ill prior to the procedure (a fever, flu, cold);
- you smoke (abstaining is recommended for at least 4 weeks prior to surgery).
- a complete blood count;
- blood coagulation test (APTT);
- electrocardiogram (EKG) and its evaluation;
- blood glucose level test;
- other tests if you have chronic diseases, as prescribed by your doctor.
The patient can bring their test records from other healthcare institutions, or they may have them done at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in 2 hours. Prices of the tests performed at the Centre. The tests must be performed no earlier than 14 days before the surgery.
The surgery is performed under local anaesthesia, children can be put under general anaesthesia.
The incision is usually made behind the ear, a spindle-shaped patch of skin is removed, the auricular cartilage is accessed, then moulded and brought closer to the head with a suture. Everything is fixed with permanent undissolvable thread.
Post-operative scars are minor and hard to see as they get lost in the natural skin folds, are hidden by the ears or covered by the hair.
The surgical wound is covered with a sterile dressing. An elastic bandage is wrapped around the ear and head.
The patient is cared for by the medical staff at our Centre for 1 day after the surgery. All plastic-aesthetic surgeries cause minor or more noticeable pain, which can be relieved with prescribed painkillers. The pain after otoplasty usually lasts for 1-2 days.
After the surgery the patient’s ears are wrapped with an elastic bandage for 7-10 days. Then the patient should not wash his or her hair. For the next 1-2 months after the surgery, the patient has to wear an elastic band at night, in order to ensure better healing and lasting effect of the surgery.
If undissolvable thread has to be used based on your individual case, it is removed 7-8 days after the surgery.
You may resume your usual activities if they are not physically demanding the next day after the surgery.
The results will be better if the patient sticks to the following recommendations:
- do not engage in intense physical activity (sport, intense physical labour) earlier than 4-8 weeks after the surgery;
- protect your ears, avoid injuries and physical activity of high intensity for a few months after the surgery, as it may affect the final result of the surgery;
- wear a cap in the cold season;
- do not go swimming or sunbathing in the summer earlier than 2 weeks after the surgery.
Your surgeon will schedule your next appointment after the surgery.
If you come from abroad, you will discuss all the details (when you can take a flight and what post-operative care is needed) together with your doctor after the surgery.
We do not issue sick leave certificates after aesthetic surgeries, therefore, if you are not going back to work immediately after the surgery, you should plan to schedule your post-operative period as a holiday.
To choose us
- Consultation and exams done in 1 day.
- The surgery can be performed the same or the next week after the consultation.
- The rate of hospital-acquired infections is 0 in 5 years.
- The surgery is performed by some of the most experienced doctors in Lithuania.
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
If all recommendations are followed, the results should be good and lasting. Of course, nothing in medicine can be guaranteed a hundred percent, there may be complications—infection, bleeding, suture rupture—but their risk in otoplasty is very low.
There is no profound difference between the two—the method is chosen based on the individual case of the patient anyway, except that children are more commonly put under general anaesthesia, whereas for adults local anaesthetics are more often used.
Adults are also likely to better endure post-operative pain and discomfort a few days after the surgery.