consultations since the start of clinical practice
surgeries since the start of clinical practice
Dr Piešina specialises in shoulder surgery and has been recognised as an expert in this field in Lithuania. He favours the minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery method.
Dr Piešina has more than ten years of practical work experience in one of the largest hospitals of Lithuania – Vilnius University Hospital (formerly Vilnius Emergency Hospital). He is a member of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology and the Lithuanian Association of Arthroscopic Surgeons.
Patients about doctor
1990–1996 Vilniaus University Faculty of Medicine, doctor hygienist/doctor.
1996–1997 Vilniaus University, postgraduate studies (primary residency), medical doctor.
1997–2001 Vilniaus University, secondary residency, doctor orthopaedist traumatologist.
Since 2001, Republican Vilnius University Hospital, doctor orthopaedist traumatologist.
Regular participation in the scientific conferences and seminars, and presentations.
- Ryliškis S., Piešina E., Kocius M., Marx RG. Cross-cultural adaptation and psychometric properties of the Lithuanian version of the Simple Shoulder Test. Acta Medica Lituanica. 2008; 15: 163-168.
- Presentation: "Complications in Shoulder Arthroplasty" by Piešina E., and Ryliškis S., IV Congress of the Orthopaedists Traumatologists from the Baltic Countries, 2010, Vilnius.
- Presentation: "Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty" by Ryliškis S., Piešina E. Conference "Shoulder arthroplasty" of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedists Traumatologists and VU, Vilnius, 2011.
- Presentation: "Effectiveness of the Latarjet surgery in Case of the Crusted Humeral Dislocations" by Piešina E., and Ryliškis S. XI Congress of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedists Traumatologists – "Upper Limb Trauma and Treatment", Šiauliai, 2012.
- Presentation: "Shoulder Instability Due to Bone Defects and Treatment Tactics". Conference “Humeral Fractures and Shoulder Orthopaedic Disorders" for Sections of Vilnius and Aukštaitija Regions of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedists Traumatologists, Panevėžys, 2013.
- Presentation: "Crusted Front Dislocations of the Humerus: Clinical and Radiological Results after Open Repository and Articular Pit Bone Plastic" by Piešina E., Banytė R., and Ryliškis S. XII Congress of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedists Traumatologists – "Emergency Orthopaedic Aid in Traumatology: the Treatment Strategy", Kaunas, 2014.
- Presentation: "Importance of Radiographic and Clinical Signs in Assessing of the Treatment Results in Case of Dislocations of Collarbone-hand End" by Vaičiulis J., Tubis A., Piešina E., and Ryliškis S. Kaunas, 2014.
- Presentation: "Distal clavicle fractures: the Treatment strategy". Conference "Clavicle injury: Do We Treat Properly?" of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedists Traumatologists, Karpynė (Raseiniai), 2015.
Since 2001, Republican Vilnius University Hospital, supervisor of postgraduate (residency) students.
Member of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedists Traumatologists and the Lithuanian Association of Arthroscopy Surgeons.